I want to... Create a set of images and print them out
View2Do allows you to create customized sets of images that you can print out and use on reminder cards, schedules, flashcards, or posters. This tutorial will walk you through the steps to choose and print a selection of images.
For this tutorial, we’ll create a set of images relating to objects and activities in a classroom.
- Begin by selecting the "Create Image Set" tabon the top of the page.
- In the workspace you’ll see a large pink rectangle, which is a placeholder for the first image in the set and a set of layout options to the right. In those layout options, you can select the number of images you’d like to appear on each printed page. We’ll do six images per page, so click the 6 Per Page button. The pink placeholder rectangle will grow to show the size the images will be on the printed page:
- Let’s select our first image. On the left of the screen, you’ll see the Images tab. This contains the image library. All of the available images are shown by default, but you can browse for images by category or search by keyword. We’ll browse for our first image. Click the dropdown menu next to Category, and scroll down and select the School category. The set of images in this category will appear in the library window:
- For our first image, scroll down in the School images library until you see the image for Chalkboard. Drag this image into the workspace. It will be automatically resized to fit six images per page, and the default image name will appear beneath the image. Do the same thing to select another image from the same group, dragging it into the next available pink rectangle.
- For the next image, we can search within the School category. With the School category still selected, type the word ‘library’ into the Name Keyword field, located below the category menu in the image library, and click the "Search" button. You’ll see the image for Library (Inside) appears. Drag and drop this into your image set.
- To search the entire library for an image, select All from the Category dropdown menu. Then do another Name Keyword search for the desired image. We’ll search for Desk, and add the desk image to our image set.
- Using the browse or search features, select two more images and add them to the image set. We’ll add a school bus and a gymnasium to our example.
Now the first page of the image set is complete! You must save the file before printing.
To save your file:
Click the "Save" icon at the top of the screen:
Select a folder to save it in, type in a name for the file, then click "Save"
To print your file:
To print your image set, click the Print button, represented by a printer and located beneath the Create Image Set tab at the top of the workspace.
Clicking the Print Button will open a new browser window displaying a printable version of your image set. You can then print the image using your browser’s printing options.
Other editing options:To reorder the images, simply click and drag an image into the new spot, and View2Do will reorder the rest of the images to accommodate. To delete an image:
To change the text associated with an image, first select the desired image by clicking on it. Then click the Edit Name button, located under the Properties menu at the bottom of the workspace. The text field for the selected image will now be editable. Change the text as desired. We’ll change the text on the gymnasium image from ‘gymnasium’ to ‘Gym.’ To edit the way the text looks, you can use the Text menu bar, located next to the Properties menu. This allows you to change the font, size, color, appearance, and alignment of the text.
Drag it to the trashcan icon at the top right of the screen, or
Right-click on the image and choose "Delete"
To add multiple copies of the same image, first add the image to the image set. With the image selected, click the Duplicate button, located beneath the Create Image Set tab and represented by two stacked pieces of paper. This will duplicate your image. Click this button once for each duplication of the image. To duplicate multiple images at once, select all of the images desired and then click the Duplicate button.
If you’d like to add more pages of images to your set, scroll down in the workspace and you’ll see a second, blank page. You can add as many images as you’d like to your image set.
To save your image set, click on the Save button, represented by a disk drive and located beneath the blue Print & Go tab. A Save As popup window will appear. Select the desired destination folder on the left side of the window, and type the file name in the Name field on the top right. Then click Save.
To email your image set, click the Email button, represented by an envelope and located beneath the pink Create Image Set tab. A popup window will appear and prompt you to enter the recipient’s email address and a message. Click the Send button, and a confirmation window will appear telling you that the document has been successfully sent.