If you wish to customize an image set or make a student worksheet more interactive, use the Properties menu located near the bottom of the workspace. This menu has several options, such as adding background color, attaching hyperlinks to objects, and allowing students to input text or check marks.
- Student Input Options- If a student’s input is required in the document you are creating, you can either use the ‘Student Input Check’ button or the ‘Student Input Text’ button. First, let’s use the Student Input Check button.
- Say you have written a multiple choice question. After creating a text box with the problem, select the Student Input Check button in the Properties toolbar. This will add a checkable box to every text box or image added to the workspace.
- With this option selected, add four text boxes or images, one for each of the possible answers. Now, the student can select any of the four objects to answer the problem.
- Next, we’ll use the Student Input Text button. This option is used when creating student worksheets that require fill in the blank answers. After creating a text box with the problem, select the Student Input Text button in the Properties toolbar. When this button is highlighted, all text boxes added will be editable fields, indicated by a small yellow pencil in the lower right hand corner of the box.
- Add a text box next to the problem. Now, students can click on this field to enter their answer.
Background Color Option
- To change the background color of text boxes or images, select the desired object and then click the Background Color button in the Properties toolbar. A pop-up menu will appear, and you can choose from a variety of colors.
Hide Text Option
- If you wish to hide the text included below an image, select the desired image and then click the Hide Text button in the Properties toolbar.
Edit Link/URL Option
- To attach a Link/URL to a specific image or text box, select the desired object and then click the Edit Link/URL button in the Properties toolbar. Enter the website address in the editable field that appears.
- De-select the object and then hover over it with your mouse to see the link.
Edit Name Option
- If you want to add custom text to your worksheet, use the Edit Name button in the Properties menu. First, select the text box or image you wish to add text to. Then, click the Edit Name button; an editable field should appear.
- Insert your custom text and de-select the object.