The Shape Book
Ages: 3-6 years
Students learn their shapes by decorating each shape with various textures.
- Shapes to print out (shapebook.pdf)
- Bingo Dauber
- Construction Paper
- Colored Sand
Over the course of a few days, students decorate different shapes. When finished, the teacher puts all the pages together and staples them into a book to take home:
- Circle: Bingo dauber dots all around.
- Oval: Glue oatmeal inside shape.
- Square: Cut smaller squares from construction paper and glue inside shape.
- Rectangle: Use the side of a sponge dipped in paint and fill in rectangle.
- Star: Glue sand around the outline of the shape.
- Diamond: Glue random dots and put glitter on the glue.
- Heart: Glue confetti inside the shape.
- Triangle: Tear construction paper and glue to fill shape.
- Sun/Moon: Color with crayons and/or markers.
Thanks to Natalie from Texas for this activity!