letters: setting up the tasks:
1.Print out dot-to-dot letter worksheet.
2. Cut out the letters you want to teach and paste them to paper.
For beginners, start with letters with straight lines first like A, T,
F, or H.
Start with a few letters and work up to the whole alphabet.
1. Demonstrate tracing the letter with your finger.
2. Help the child trace the letter with his/her finger.
3. Give the child a crayon or marker to trace the letters.
4. Number dots and have child connect dots in order.
5. Cut out letters and back with heavy cardboard.
Have child trace letters.
Letter recognition, fine motor control.
Hand over hand assistance may be needed at first.
As your child improves at this task move to a worksheet with fewer, lighter
For some children, place the paper over a rough texture like a piece of
window screen to provide more sensory feedback as the letter is traced.
AOL users only may see streaks on these pages. To print correctly, please
start Internet Explorer or Netscape while you are still logged into AOL
and go to www.dotolearn.com in the new browser.